Imagine being able to make your laptop a brand new computer in less than 5 minutes.
Sounds impossible right?
Why use Puppy Linux?
- Much less vulnerable to malware
- Does not leave anything on the hard drive unless you tell it to
- Come pre-loaded with commonly used applications
- Very useful for using a computer whose operating system on the hard drive may have been compromised
- Good way to recover files if Windows will not boot up
- It is very good for setting up a “terminal” in a place where there are a lot of users coming and going and your end users are utilizing “cloud” services such as Gmail and Google Docs.
- Women’s Shelter
- Homeless shelter
- Download the .iso file
- Burn it to CD-R
- Find out how to access your particular laptop’s BIOS boot menu
- Power off your computer
- Press the appropriate key combination to access the boot menu
- Select the CD/DVD drive
- Plug in an ethernet cable or setup your wifi information
- Have fun!
Things to Remember
- Downloaded files will not save unless you save them to a memory stick or portable hard drive
- Everything in Puppy Linux runs in RAM, so the moment the power is cut off, everything disappears!
- Precise Puppy Is a Fast, Furious Distro (linuxinsider.com)
- A fresh litter of Puppy Linux releases: Wary, Racy and Quirky (thelinuxsite.wordpress.com)
- Puppy Linux “Quirky” 5.5 RC Is Based on Linux Kernel 3.8 (news.softpedia.com)