This is a tragedy that was completely preventable.
I put the blame squarely on the parents for this.
- Unsecured in the corner of a room is not an acceptable place to store a gun
- At bare minimum, a $10 cable lock through the opened action is needed.
- There was no excuse for not clearing the gun prior to “storing” it in the half-assed manner the parents did.
- In my opinion, five years old is a bit young for a kid to have their first gun, let alone have one unsupervised.
- Taking Our Rights Away, One Tragedy, One Terror Attack at a Time (theseatonpost.com)
- Newtown mother: Don’t let our tragedy become your tragedy (tv.msnbc.com)
- Guns in America (hatboxsoapbox.wordpress.com)
- Floridians encouraged to report neighbors who ‘hate government’ (sott.net)
- Kentucky Toddler’s Shooting Death: A ‘Natural Consequence’ Of Gun Culture? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Reader POV “Would any recent tragedies have been prevented if…” (ivoter.com)