I think this is very cool game idea in the sense that it stresses the importance of understanding each aspect of operating a firearm.
Imagine instead of “X” for reload and “RT” for shoot you had to do this in Call of Duty.
- “A” to drop the magazine
- “B” to pull out a fresh magazine from the magazine pouch
- “C” to put a new magazine in the gun
- “D” to pull back the slide
- “E” to assume a proper pistol grip
- “F” to shoot
- “G” to holster the gun
- “H” to transition to a long gun
- “E” to shoulder the gun
- “F” again to shoot
- “LT” and “RT” to run
- “G” to crouch
- “H” to clear the cover garment
- “H” again if you foul clearing the cover garment.
- “I” to load cartridges into an empty magazine
Each facet of operating a firearm defensively or recreationally can be thought of as an individual skill to develop.
Which ones are you working on in your dry fire practice?
- Sledgehammer Games not developing Call of Duty: Ghosts (egnelitegamingnews.wordpress.com)