Here are some pointers on selecting and using a fighting knife.
- Understand the role of the knife and where it fits into what you carry daily.
- In a CCW-friendly environment, the knife serves as a backup to your CCW gun.
- In a non-permissive environment (anti-gun city or state), the knife is likely to be your primary lethal force weapon. Obey all local laws and don’t be stupid about things.
- Get a quality brand knife.
- Make sure that your method of deployment is fast under stress and repeatable on command.
- Avoid serrated knives since they tend to get caught on stuff when cutting.
- Avoid clipping the blade onto the middle crease down the leg of your pants.
- It is very much like carrying a pistol openly, everyone can see it if they know what to look for.
Understand the proper deployment method for the knife
- Knife Pen Review (jacccarame.wordpress.com)
- Man charged in knife fight at Union Grove Family Restaurant (fox6now.com)
- Iowa police shoot man armed with knife (wqad.com)
- Rigger (gabrielmakepeace.wordpress.com)
- Pat’s Product Review: H&K Knives Entourage (survivalblog.com)