Click on the link above to read a great PDF article on keeping your AR-15 lubricated and running.
I like the MEAL acronym a lot.
- A lot of rifle stoppages are caused by bad magazines
- Prior to the Magpul PMAG hitting the scene, most of the AR15 magazines available were military surplus STANAG Aluminum magazines made by a wide variety of contractors. The quality varied widely.
- When I worked at a gun shop, I often told customers to save themselves the drama that came from trying to pick out a good alumnium AR-15 magazine and just get the Magpul PMAGs.
- Extractors can get worn out.
- Keep the chamber area clean!
- Quality ammunition makes a big difference.
- Be sure to read your owner’s manual and lubricate on all points where it is needed.
- Understand the difference between oil and grease.
The same principles can be applied to an AK47, M14, or other rifles as well.
- Rifle Sighting (AR15) (noadventure.com)
- Building Your Own Tactical AR-15 3-Gun Rifle (jericho777.wordpress.com)
- Vet arrested for carrying AR-15 on Boy Scout hike gets ultimate surprise at NRA convention (guns.com)
- an open letter to harrison beane at www.ar15performance.com …. (wintersoldier2008.typepad.com)
- What Makes A Bad AR? Let’s Look At Battle Rifle Company (thefirearmblog.com)
- 100% Made in USA AK Rifles & Parts Kits Coming (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- I Built This AK-47. It’s Legal and Totally Untraceable. (motherjones.com)