The article above is about an incident that happened in Trenton, NJ.
Keep in mind that New Jersey is ranked #2 (right behind California) on the Brady Campaign 50 state score card.
“I watched my nephew die in my apartment,” said Mr. Archie’s aunt, so terrified of retaliation that she would speak only on the condition her name not be published. “People saw him get shot. But they know what’s going to happen if they talk. There’s nothing anyone can do about it.”
Such silence has spread over the last decade in cities across the country, as the proliferation of gangs like the Crips, Bloods and Latin Kings has made witnesses an endangered and elusive component of countless criminal investigations. Criminologists say gang culture has made fair game of brutally punishing anyone who helps the police. What results is a self-perpetuating cycle of intimidation and helplessness: residents refuse to risk their lives by helping a police force that cannot protect them; the authorities say they are powerless to lock up gang members without witnesses willing to testify.
Gun prohibition efforts are based on the idea that the government is an almighty force that will always be there to save you even though it is made up of mere mortals and is not even legally obligated to protect you as an individual.
Read the Warren v. District of Columbia court decision.
Bobby Johnson, a member of Sex Money Murder, said he had heard detailed accounts of the shooting, but would never discuss it with anyone outside the gang because “that’s the rules of the game.”
This is the prison culture at its finest. Nobody will say anything even if a kid gets maimed.
This is the reality of the utopia that the Brady Campaign believes in. Is it something that you want for yourself and those you love?
- Two Jersey City gun suspects face added charges of gang criminality (nj.com)
- Songs a deadly battle cry for gangs (toledoblade.com)
- Suspect in Fresno murder attempt arrested after 3 years on the run (fresnobee.com)
- Gang Member Sentenced to Prison in 2005 Slaying of Trenton Man | cnbnews.net (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Roosevelt Crips Bust Biggest in Nassau History, DA Says (longislandpress.com)
- New Haven Police Meet With Reputed Gang Members At City Hall (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Mother’s Day shooting shines light on growing gang issue (wwltv.com)
- Reputed gang member guilty in Elizabeth shooting of rival (nj.com)
- Gang Member Charged In Chicago Infant’s Death (wibw.com)