Empty chamber carry is carrying your firearm with the magazine in the gun and the action closed with the chamber empty. This means that when you draw your gun defensively, you will have to pull the slide back and then assume a proper grip, aim, and fire.
- Why overcomplicate your drawstroke?
- It overcomplicates in fight weapon access (IFWA).
- The empty chamber carry doctrine was designed for armies that had issues with the uniformity of equipment and training level of personnel
- This issue existed in the early days of the IDF.
- As an individual, you should not have those issues to deal with.