Those are the first two words that come to mind when I think of box cutters (aka utility knives or “stanley knives” for our UK readers).
It is important to know how these work for a number of reasons.
- One needs to understand that this item is “deadly force” and merits such a response when wielded by a bad guy.
- They are likely to be available even in places where pepper gas and guns are restricted.
Basically the best way to deploy this is to aggressively slash at the face and neck of the attacker.
- TSA Decides To Ditch Plan Allowing Small Knives On Planes After All (consumerist.com)
- US knives-on-planes policy cancelled (bbc.co.uk)
- Editorial: Knives on planes? Not here (newsday.com)