1). Sharp as hell and pointy as f***, you can’t stab anyone or cut anyone with a dull round nosed blade. If this sounds vulgar, it is. There is nothing dainty about ramming a 3″ piece of steel into a man’s thrioat and tiwsting it as he fights to get it out.
2). Point in line with the handle. Upswept blades may be the acme of the knifemaker artist, but they suck eggs for ramming through a clavicle.
3). Long enough…but not too long. We hear that about lots of things.
4). Rough handle. Either G-10 or rough designed zytel handles. When you stab another man, his juices will get all over your blade and hand.
6). Solid opening method. This being 2009, and the “Wave” concept being as old as the pyramids now….a combat blade should have a wave feature if it is a folder.
7). Good steel. That does NOT mean stainless. I don’t give an airborne fornication about stains on my knife…I WANT IT SHARP!
8). Again, if a folder, it needs a movable clip so operators may carry it as desired. The more I work on this Killing-focused system, the more I am liking reverse grip – edge in. That means for a righty, you carry point up- blade forward.
9). It must be cost-effective. Notice I did not say CHEAP. Cheap knives are for fags. Cost-effective means that if I decide to ditch it, I will not be heart broken to lose my special one-of-a-kind….nor will that special one-of-a-kind be tied to me.
10). There should be a boatload of them out there in society….like Glocks. Thus you cannot be identified or tied to the gear you use.
- Best Survival Knife (checcin.wordpress.com)
- Driving home from the August 2010 North Star Blade Collectors meeting (deadleftknifeguy.wordpress.com)
- Kitchen Knives: The most commonly neglected aspect of a knife lover’s collection (deadleftknifeguy.wordpress.com)
- How to take care of your knife (mrknife2.wordpress.com)
- How To Properly Care For Your Knife (mrknifeblog.wordpress.com)
- Fixed Blade Vs. Folding Knives (mrknifeblog.wordpress.com)
- How to Choose a Folding Knife (mrknife2.wordpress.com)