This is an interesting development.
I have a feeling that gun shops will sell a lot of these guns to folks who carry a Ruger LCP but want something that would ostensibly be more reliable or something that is not as bulky as the GLOCK 26.
Other gun writers are saying that this is the Glock that nobody wants since people have been clamoring for a 9mm single stack GLOCK for years.
I agree with them in that GLOCK should release a single stack 9mm pistol but I do see why Glock is targeting the .380 ACP pocket pistol market.
I would not be surprised to see a glut of used Ruger LCPs and other pocket pistols in gun shops and for sale online as the pistol permeates the US gun market.
It would definitely be a better choice than a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380 ACP or a Ruger LCP simply on the trigger pull alone.
HOWEVER do not carry it in your pocket without a holster. That is begging for a negligent discharge.
Does it compete with a good quality snub nosed revolver? It depends on the context in which you need to carry it.
A snubby has more rounded edges than a GLOCK so it can conceal better but the snubby also has a heavier trigger pull so it can be a little bit more difficult to develop your proficiency.
- Glock Teasing New SMALLER G42 Pistol (thefirearmblog.com)
- When is 42 Smaller than 26? When it’s a Glock! (weaponsman.com)
- Glock Teasing New SMALLER G42 Pistol (deserteagletech.wordpress.com)
- Is This 100% 3D Printed Pistol the First GLOCK 7? (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- The Glock Pistol: Why So Popular? (rtba.co)
- The Infamous Glock 42 – What Is It and Do You Need One? (gunssavelives.net)
- Why I carry…Glocks. (gunsafetyblog.com)
- Can you shoot.40 S&W through a 10mm Glock 20? (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- The Ultimate Survival Pistol – Glock (Opinion) (patriotrising.com)
- Photos of Glock 42: Single Stack .380 ACP (thefirearmblog.com)
Reblogged this on Guns In Australia and commented:
that is tiny one, i hope they can be imported to Australia.
This is an interesting model that Glock as introduced. I wonder if it is as reliable as the other pistols that Glock has produced.
[…] GLOCK Introduces a .380 “Pocket Pistol”. […]
i have a 380 pistol in a different brand and it is also a single stack… And single action only… So i am very intrested only if it were to have 3 mags of the 6 rounds they say . They are somewhat on the high end price…. So for that reason i just might not get it. Like my brother said ….. A gun is a gun if it shoots and doesnt fail ..then thats all u need. And he is an ex marine. I am ex army. A 380 will do the job.