Toby Keith’s restaurant managers could have saved themselves a lot of grief and just gone the Starbucks route of simply following the laws of whatever state they have a franchise in.
Of course I am sure that Toby Keith’s security detail would be exempted from the NO GUNS PERMITTED rule!
The restaurant will not be getting any business from me as long as that dumb sign is up.
I think I can get a mediocre meal of fried food just about anywhere else!
from some customers and praise from others after announcing on its Facebook page that it will no longer allow guns inside the establishment.
The announcement, posted Saturday, reads:
While we understand and respect every person’s right to own and bear arms, we at Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill, with guidance from the State of Virginia and based on insurance regulations, have adopted a no weapons policy. It is our desire to provided a safe, enjoyable and
entertaining experience for our patrons and staff.
The post received more than 700 comments, and still more people wrote on the restaurant’sFacebook wall separately from the announcement.
Many others take the same stance as Amie Royer, who wrote: “Thank you for taking such a wise and reasonable stance.”
Others accused country superstar Keith, who has connections with the National Rifle Association, of being hypocritical with the policy.
The I Love This Bar and Grill in Woodbridge is one of 15 locations nationwide.
- Toby Keith’s Va. Bar Draws Criticism and Praise With New ‘No Weapons’ Policy (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Toby Keith Restaurant Bans Guns, Angers Fans (nation.time.com)
- Moms Demand Action: Thanks Toby Keith For Prohibiting Guns In YOUR New Virginia Restaurant (theobamacrat.com)
- ‘No Guns Permitted’ at Toby Keith’s New Bar and Grill (deserteagletech.wordpress.com)
- ‘No Guns Permitted’ at Toby Keith’s New Bar and Grill (freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com)
- The Toby Keith restaurant “no guns” policy non-story (hotair.com)
- ‘No Guns Permitted’ at Toby Keith’s New Bar and Grill (breitbart.com)