Awesome defensive gun use (DGU) recap!
The vast majority of gunfights do happen within 21 feet or less but it is good to be able to hit out a bit further if necessary.
- Armed Citizen in TX Stops Shooting Spree and Saves Cop by Making 50+ Yard Shot With a Pistol (givemeliberty01.com)
- How Do We Know Guns Save Lives? (givemeliberty01.com)
- 10 most talked about self-defense stories of 2013 (guns.com)
- 10 most talked about self-defense stories of 2013 (freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com)
- Self-Defense Tip: Boarding House Rules (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Why More Gun Control Won’t Prevent Mass Shootings (thedailysheeple.com)
- @NRA Fascist Hicks: Ignorance & Danger Without End : Support Federal Gun Control In The USA (guncontrolnowusa.wordpress.com)
- One creep, two guns, one cop, and one heck of a story (weaponsman.com)
This is from Guns Save Lives.
The title of this post says it best.
This is a pretty amazing story. An armed private citizen assisted a police officer who was pinned down by the gunfire of a madman who had just killed 3 people and could have killed many more. Amazingly the concerned citizen, Vic Stacy, did so by taking a shot of 50+ yards using only a pistol.
The caliber and gun are unknown, but Stacy mentions a “magnum bullet” which could mean a .357 or .44. Stacy landed multiple shots on the shooter and this allowed the police officer to also land shots with his AR-15 while the suspect was distracted.
According to Guns.com,
Stacy raised his gun, fired, and landed one hell of a shot – by his estimate “a good 165 yards” – with a pistol (we do not know…
View original post 138 more words