This is by far one of my favorite knifes. So far I have been carrying it near my complementary hand in a forward grip configuration.
- Small blade length makes it legal in a lot more jurisdictions than other knives.
- Very simple to use
- The stock sheath is decent and mounts well to a belt (unlike many stock knife sheaths)
- Comes in larger models as well for open carriers.
- It can be easily deployed from either hand and from multiple positions.
- Conceals well.
- This is great knife if you open carry by job or by choice.
I have a TDI also, but I was taught the weapon retention drill a bit differently than in the photo (haven’t watched the video link yet as I don’t have speakers here). Rather than putting your hand on his shoulder, place it over his hand that’s on the gun. Then use your body weight to hold it down. You kind of have to ride with where he goes rather than fight him. But it’s your body weight versus his ability to raise his arm, which means he won’t be able to draw.
I used picture because it is a good “action shot” more than anything else. I am probably gomna replace it soon.
After I posted I checked your “about me” section and realized you already knew. You learned it the same place I did – Active Response Knife with Greg. 🙂