One of the many awesome things about Paul-E-Palooza 3 was that Chris Fry ran this class on both days so that just about everybody attending the event had a chance to go. Chris is a beast and knows his stuff. I would not hesitate to recommend his classes.
Quotes of the Class
“This isn’t like a Buffy knife where you stick ’em once and they go ‘POOF’!”
“For those of you huffing and puffing after the live drill, I’m not saying that working on fitness is important, but I’m just saying!”
- Why knives?
- What does a “knife fight” look like?
- “Monkey with a screwdriver.”
- Folding Knife Opening Mechanisms
- Emerson Waves are somewhat overrated…
- “Tip Up” vs. “Tip Down”
- Folder Access
- Small Fixed blades
- PROTIP: Small Fixed Blade knives are a lot easier to deploy under sub-optimal circumstances than folding knives.
- PROTIP: Don’t put your thumb on top of the blade. (sometimes called “Filipino Grip”)
- Boxing punch step improves the quality of your knife strikes.
- Getting to a Dominant Position
- Your hips squared while your opponent’s hips are facing away.
- Do not blade your stance!
- Live Evos
- Put on the FIST protective helmet and get ready to fight for real!
Check out Chris Fry’s material here!