Keep it light and singular in purpose
- Have a lightweight 16″ upper for with iron sights and a red dot for CQB use and a heavyweight 20″+ upper with a bipod and long range scope for long range use.
- Don’t try to turn a 16″ M4 into a combination CQB/Sniper rifle.
- It will do neither very well
- Magpul PMAGs all the way
- Stay away from the cheap alumninum mags
- Cheap = DRAMA
- Stay away from the drum magazines
- “A fool and his money…”
- The vast majority of AR15s out there are chambered in 5.56.
- This means that they will also shoot .223
- Rock River Arms, Stag Arms, and Smith & Wesson have solid reputations
- Do your research on www.ar15.com
- Stick with a military spec design to ensure parts compatibility
- Colt has been riding on their name for a long time…
- Keep it simple with a two point sling